Re: Fair large change to contributors

From: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fair large change to contributors
Date: 2007-12-04 23:04:52
Lists: pgsql-www
> >> This should be a redirect, which I can put in place with PHP. We should
> >> not duplicate content like that.
> >
> > It's not really duplicate. Just add two rows in the dispatcher.
>
> If it presents the same content under /developers as under /community it
> is duplicate and that is dumb. I would agree that having a redirect is
> appropriate.

Matter of definition. Data exists once and is presented twice. Kinda like normalisation :-P

> >> That would be inconsistent with the rest of the portal layout.
> >
> > that'sjust temporary. The system is set up so you can do this stuff without kiling version control, by using the dispatcher. Please do so.
>
> Exactly how are we killing version control? Subversion handles removal
> of files just fine.

Bad choice of words. But if your patch is applied, I can't see a diff of your changes. And it's still logged as one ad and one remove. so I can't easily diff between tomorrows version and one two steps back.
And since there really is no gain, imnsho, I see no reason to take away that ability.

> >> I should remove the old one. I must of missed it, sorry.
> >>
> > No, you should *use* the old one...
> >

> Disagreements are the heart of open source.

Indeed :)

/Magnus

pgsql-www by date

Subject: Re: Fair large change to contributors.... part deux