Re: how to check objects dependency??

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Jessica Richard <rjessil(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to check objects dependency??
Date: 2007-10-31 19:19:35
Lists: pgsql-admin
Jessica Richard wrote:
> I am trying to drop a user but it complained with the following message:
>
> ERROR:  role "joe" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it
> DETAIL:  1 objects in database Jan_test
> 1 objects in database Jan
>
> this user does not own any tables in those two databases. Is there any
> command I can use to check all the dependencies on this user?

Connect to those databases and issue the command again to see the
detail.  When you are connected to a different database, you don't have
access to the other database catalogs, thus we cannot give you the
object names (only the fact that they exist).

--
Alvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile   ICBM: S 39º 49' 18.1", W 73º 13' 56.4"
"PHP is what I call the "Dumb Monkey" language. [A]ny dumb monkey can code