Re: Sun releases for us?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Sun releases for us?
Date: 2007-10-16 17:46:49
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:28:02 -0700
Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> Josh,
>
> > The final release is expected in about eight weeks, he said at Sun's
> > Open Source Summit press event here.
>
> Well, I said "6 to 9 weeks, depending on how beta goes". I guess
> you could average that as "about 8 weeks".
>
> > The way it is written it appears we are somehow tying our release to
> > Sun's marketing timing which is of course BS.
>
> How does it appear that way?

It is just the way I read it. Like I said, I don't really see a big
deal with this release.

'''
The final release is expected in about eight weeks, he said at Sun's
Open Source Summit press event here.
'''

On first read, I read that as "PostgreSQL is releasing at the Open
Source Summit press event".

On second read I see that isn't what was meant by the wording. Still a
little obtuse though :)

> > This likely has nothing to do with Berkus and everything to do with
> > a reporters ability to actual report facts, which I find extremely
> > limited in general.
>
> Apparently in this particular case it had more to do with an
> interfering editor.

Which you and I have both had experience with :)... Pesky editors.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
PostgreSQL solutions since 1997 http://www.commandprompt.com/
UNIQUE NOT NULL