Re: Dropping postgres as a whole.

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dropping postgres as a whole.
Date: 2007-09-28 17:18:16
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 10:13:47AM -0400, Brian Hurt wrote:
> Given the length of this thread, I vote for "Digres".

Except then it'll regularly get misspelled as Digress. And
pronounced Dee'-gray.

I think we should call it Gerwuffle. Like, "Yeah, go install that
Gerwuffle over there, and twiddle the thingy, and you'll be set to
go."

Or, of course, we can do what certain other parties with previous
renaming problems did. We can be The Database Formerly Known as
Postgres. Then when someone complains about confusion with the
PostQUEL-using version of the code, we can just become The Database.
That oughta clear up any confusion, eh?

The plural of anecdote is not data.
--Roger Brinner