BUG #3601: When we try to connect to postgres ti shows Unicode converter buffer overflow error.

From: "Unicode converter buffer overflow in psqlodbc driver" <asheesh_arora(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3601: When we try to connect to postgres ti shows Unicode converter buffer overflow error.
Date: 2007-09-06 09:23:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3601
Logged by:          Unicode converter buffer overflow in psqlodbc driver
Email address:      asheesh_arora(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.4
Operating system:   Solaris Sparc V9 32bit
converter buffer overflow error.
Details:

We have unixoDBC version unixODBC2.2.11. and psqlodbc version 08.02.04.

We have compiled the psqlodbc driver in unicode mode i.e. without
--disable-unicode flag, it has generated a file psqlodbcw.so. When we try to
connect to postgres it fails giving a core dump.

When we use datadirect driver manager, then it gives Unicode converter
buffer overflow error.

When we compile the psqlodbc with --disable-unicode flag, it generates
psqlodbca.so which works fine.

The error is only with unicode mode.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: hubert depesz lubaczewskiDate: 2007-09-06 10:43:40