Re: stats_block_level

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: stats_block_level
Date: 2007-07-31 17:06:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 12:33 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> > >
> > > So what are we going to call the one surviving GUC variable?
> >
> > "collect_stats"
>
> In the patch recently submitted, I opted for stats_collection.

I think we tend to give emphasis to the verb rather than the noun, e.g.
redirect_stderr, log_connections.

FWIW I just noticed we have a variable named "krb_caseins_users" which I
think is not such a great name for it.  Prolly best to change it now
while it's still in the oven.

> Methinks it should be: stats_<something>, so that people find it in the
> same place as stats_query_string, which is still there.

Hum, but the order in postgresql.conf is arbitrary, right?