Re: Event coverage on website

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Event coverage on website
Date: 2007-07-27 08:10:20
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 04:13:24PM -0700, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On Jul 25, 2007, at 2:08 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 10:13:48AM -0700, Jim Nasby wrote:
> >>Is there anywhere on the site that has coverage of past events? ISTM
> >>there should be...
> >
> >We don't.
> >
> >What are you referring to? An archive of what's listed under
> >events, or you
> >mean actual texts about the events?
> >
> >As for archive of listed events, I'm not really sure how it helps. But
> >since you're Nasby, you probably have a use-case for it?
> >
> >If you mean texts about them, we generally have archives at the
> >event sites
> >and planetpostgresql.org - not sure what we'd migrate. Though I notice
> >conference.postgresql.org is still down and has been for a long time -
> >perhaps we should just remove the DNS record for it if it's not
> >going to be
> >used?
>
> In this case, I wanted photos from the conferences; particularly the
> group photos. Luckily, Flicr and Berkus came to the rescue there.

Group photos we have, but just no page bringing them together. Hey, why
don't you make up a page or set of pages to stick under /community and
we'll commit them for you? ;-)

> But we should also keep things like presentations and what-not
> available. I know conferences have their own websites, but ISTM we
> should at least link to them from somewhere on PostgreSQL.org.

We have a lot of presentations on techdocs -
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.37.

> The other thing I wanted was general advocacy items, such as graphics
> I could use. Likewise, it would be good to have a single collection
> of advocacy presentations that are available for use.

Graphics has it's own project on pgfoundry, IIRC.

//Magnus