Re: [HACKERS] msvc and vista fun

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] msvc and vista fun
Date: 2007-06-26 11:43:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 03:19:32PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> I wrote:
> >

> >Would making a change like this in those 12 places be so ugly?
> >

> Specifically, I propose the following patch, which should fix the issues
> buildfarm apparently has with the XP command shell (or some incarnations
> of it).

Yeah. Dave has verified taht it's actually because of the XP stuff (he can
repro the failure on XP), so I guess we don't have much choice.

> Strictly speaking, we don't need the changes in builddoc.bat and
> install.bat, but I did them for the sake of completeness. Since it
> should not affect anyone not setting XP_EXIT_FIX it seems fairly low risk.

I've applied it, except for builddoc.bat. Since we didn't send out an
exitcode anyway there, it makes no difference. Left them in install.bat
because there's an actual exitcode there.

//Magnus