Installation Problem

From: Paul Brasseur <brass(at)pacificcoast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installation Problem
Date: 2007-06-24 18:16:59
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hello:

         I  am attempting to install Postgresql on a system running WINXP.

         I start the cygserver and then give the initdb command in
the installation documentation. It just generates a series of Bad
System Calls Error Messages,
as it calls postgres.exe.

         I have had no problem with the Installation of Emacs, Vim,
Apache, Perl, or Python.

         Any Suggestions why PGSQL will not install ?

Regards,
Paul Brasseur
(Victoria, B.C.
Canada )

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Paul BrasseurDate: 2007-06-24 18:24:38
Previous:From: BenDate: 2007-06-05 07:43:39
Subject: Postgres in Windows