Re: backend crash with FATAL: BeginInternalSubTransaction: unexpected state END

From: Frank van Vugt <ftm(dot)van(dot)vugt(at)foxi(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: backend crash with FATAL: BeginInternalSubTransaction: unexpected state END
Date: 2007-05-30 15:33:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Hmm, do you get the impression that user-written constraint triggers
> aren't very well tested ;-) ?

Well, we users are here to serve ;)

> It looks to me like BeginInternalSubTransaction simply needs to allow
> TBLOCK_END (and TBLOCK_PREPARE too) as acceptable initial states

Ok, so for patch-sake, when I change BeginInternalSubTransaction() in xact.c
by moving these two cases to the upper set
(TBLOCK_STARTED/INPROGRESS/SUBINPROGRESS), then I should be ok?

At the moment, this looks like a showstopper, so I'd prefer patching and move
on ;)

--
Best,

Frank.