Re: moving data from windows to linux

From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: moving data from windows to linux
Date: 2007-04-25 16:54:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wednesday 25 April 2007 08:36, Francois Deliege <fdeliege(at)cs(dot)aau(dot)dk>
wrote:
> I am moving from 8.2.4 under Windows to 8.2.4 under FreeBSD 6.2.
> The databases are all encoded in UTF8 on the windows server.
> The threads I have seen in the archives are all about version or
> database encoding issues.
> The only trick here, is that I am using tr to solve the endline
> problem.

Is that actually necessary? I'm not seeing anything in the docs about
cr/lf issues in dump files. Or maybe just use pg_dump on the FreeBSD
box to create the dump file.

--
"The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by
parts ... the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men