Re: [HACKERS] Email signature in release announcement posting

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Email signature in release announcement posting
Date: 2007-04-24 17:50:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-hackers
Bruce, All,

(x-posting to Advocacy, hopefully to forestall flames)

> I want to apologize for having my signature at the bottom of the 8.2.4,
> etc. release announcement.  There is no reason to mention my name,
> company, and web site at the bottom of something that is supposed to
> come from the community.  And I didn't even write that email --- I was
> doing it for someone else.  I also didn't realize my email would be
> picked up, verbatum, by web sites:
>
> 	http://lwn.net/Articles/231517/
>
> As soon as I saw the posted version I knew the signature looked odd. I
> will try to remember to remove it in the future if I ever have to make
> such announcements again.

Gah. Well, we learn something every time.  I think we should create a
bruce(at)postgresql(dot)org account for you just to post official notices; this will
also prevent you from accidentally using the wrong sig line (depending on
MTA); it's what I do.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun