Re: Google Summer of Code

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe(at)eppesuigoccas(dot)homedns(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code
Date: 2007-04-22 16:00:30
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> I just wonder why you should draft a new XML DTD. I never used XML for
> such data, but probably some specification has already been written. A
> quick search show:
>
> http://www.idealliance.org/papers/dx_xml03/papers/06-01-01/06-01-01.html
> http://www.w3.org/RDF/

I don't know if you understand why i'm proposing the xml definition for
ERD. Because you could open the ERD in another machine and recreate it.
Interesting paper, but I'm thinking about using SQL/XML XML Schema (SQL
2003 standard). Maybe a modified version of the standard 'cause some
metadata (position stuff, other?) needs to be stored too, so the tool
could draw exactly the same way.
RDF? I read some papers proposing it but I think the standard is the way
to go?

Comments?

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira