Re: Second try for roadmap.html

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Second try for roadmap.html
Date: 2007-03-20 19:30:53
Lists: pgsql-www

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> > Here is a link to the patch you posted:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2007-02/msg00278.php
> >
> > Here is my commit which includes those same dates:
> > http://gborg.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/portal/template/en/developer/roadmap.html.diff?r1=1.8;r2=1.9;cvsroot=pgweb
> >
> > Here is you saying that what I committed was incorrect:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2007-03/msg00008.php
> >
> > Not sure what else to add to this...
> >
> Heh nothing. I think what I "read" was JoshB's dates which were clearly
> wrong. I apologize if that is the case. I am out of town and thus
> may not be paying as close attention as I should. The current update
> looks good, thanks Robert.

Now that I am back from vacation, I wanted to clarify my "concern" on
this issue. I wasn't worried about any individuals involved. I know
everyone is doing the best they can.

I was concerned whether we had an adequate process in place. For
example, should we be supplying patches to the www team so the changes
we want are clearer? I certainly would not make complex changes to the
C code based on instructions like "Add a variable to the top of function
X".

Anyway, it seems the people involved feel we don't need to change the
process, so I will go back to not being concerned.