Re: Successful booth at Chemnitz (Germany)

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Successful booth at Chemnitz (Germany)
Date: 2007-03-06 12:06:30
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 07:00:57 +0100
Lukas Kahwe Smith <smith(at)pooteeweet(dot)org> wrote:

> Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
>
> > that they are using PG a) for developing, cause you don't have to pay
> > license fees for every development system or b) they moved from Oracle
> > to PG and are happy now.
>
> Hmm, I wasnt aware that Oracle charges for development systems. Afaik
> they only charge for all things production (including standy by systems).

No, but some people told us, their companies decide to buy rather
more licenses in case they need some instead of getting in trouble, if
a server/workstation does not have a valid license. This makes things a
bit expensive.

Kind regards

P.S.: I'm on the list, you don't need to reply by mail and list.

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL Usergroup