Re: quad or dual core Intel CPUs

From: Kenji Morishige <kenjim(at)juniper(dot)net>
To: Claus Guttesen <kometen(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, kenjim(at)juniper(dot)net
Subject: Re: quad or dual core Intel CPUs
Date: 2007-02-14 17:25:01
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thanks Claus thats good news!
I'm having a reputable vendor build the box and test it for me before
delivering. The bottom line of your message, did you mean 'should be not a
problem'? I wonder what the main reason for your improvement, your ram was
increased by a factor of 2, but 4 way opteron vs 4 way woodcrest performance
must not be that significant.

-Kenji