Re: patch for ECPG (BUG #2956: ECPG does not treat multibyte characters correctly.)

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: 原田登志 <harada(dot)toshi(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: patch for ECPG (BUG #2956: ECPG does not treat multibyte characters correctly.)
Date: 2007-02-11 15:16:04
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 05:29:21PM +0900, 原田登志 wrote:
> I found bug in ecpg concerning processing of the multi-byte character-code.
> I reported as bug#2956 before.

Thanks for report and patch.

> Attached is the patch to fix this problem.

This patch is against 8.1, right? I had to apply it manually to HEAD, so
I might have made some error here.

Also I don't see why we have to add the connection to all thos function
calls, just to make sure we get an error message logged in the
connection struct that apparently isn't evaluated anyway. Please correct
me if I'm wrong on this one.

I'm just committing the changes to CVS but only to HEAD because I cannot
check if my changes broke something. The sources work fine on my system
and the regression tests pass without a problem. But then I do not have
a setup similar to yours. Could you please test this?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org