Sequoia?

From: Quinn Weaver <quinn(at)fairpath(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Sequoia?
Date: 2007-02-05 21:36:57
Lists: sfpug
Hi,

Has anyone here had experience with Sequoia?  I mean the database
tool, not the venture capitalist. :)

http://tinyurl.com/2zcsf5

It's a sort of suped-up connection pooler/manager that sits between
your code and the database.  It's supposed to manage failover
transparently, treating your databases as a "RAIDb" ("Redundant
Array of Independent Databases").

So basically it claims to slice bread, perform cold fusion, and solve
the database replication/failover problem, with zero data loss _and_
without making you change your app code.  I'm wondering if anyone has
tried it and can say whether it lives up to the promise.

Any takers?  I'd be very grateful for any real-world tidbits, even
(especially!) stuff like "We tried to set this up but it was too much
of a pain."

Thanks,

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/                  |  http://sf.pm.org/

sfpug by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2007-02-05 21:44:32