Re: I'm very confused.

From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: I'm very confused.
Date: 2007-01-17 06:59:19
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Tuesday 16 January 2007 22:42, Brant Fitzsimmons
<brant(at)bfcomputerconsulting(dot)com> wrote:
> Records that are entered at the console show up when I do a select
> with the script, but not the other way around.  I have tried to the
> RTFM as much as possible, but I'm still lost as to why while
> accessing the same table I can't access the data manipulated by the
> script.  I don't know if it has anything to do with tablespaces or
> what, but I'm really starting to get frustrated.

Is the script starting a transaction and not committing it?  If so, the
changes it makes will not be visible to other processes.  psql by
default operates in auto-commit mode, every statement is committed on

If this is not the case, I would have to say you are not in fact working
on the same table, somehow.

be properly armed." -- Alexander Hamilton