From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "Clustering"
Date: 2006-11-20 19:25:06
Lists: pgsql-docs
The heading "Multi-Master Replication Using Clustering" doesn't make
sense to me.  Clustering is bunching more than host together to achieve
a common goal.  Thus multimaster replication may be a way to achieve
clustering, but clustering is not a way to achieve multimaster
replication.  I don't actually see clustering defined in the
documentation.  Can someone explain the categorization?

(FWIW, I think "Clustering For Parallel Query Execution" later in the
list is an appropriate use of the term.)

Peter Eisentraut

pgsql-docs by date