PostgreSQL 8.2 Beta is available

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 8.2 Beta is available
Date: 2006-09-30 20:09:28
Lists: pgsql-announce
PostgreSQL Community:

PostgreSQL version 8.2 beta is now available from www.postgresql.org.  As
always, we rely on the members of our community to give our betas the
extra testing they need to uphold our reputation for stability and
security.  More importantly, the more people we have beta testing on more
platforms, the sooner the final release will be.

Particularly, we need the community's help in three areas:

1) Testing on unusual server platforms where we might not have complete
automated testing coverage;

2) Testing by porting your own applications to the beta (though not in
production, of course) to help test all features, including in
combination, and relative performance against previous versions;

3) Testing some of the new features, such as GIN, warm standby, DTrace and
online index builds to make sure that they work as advertised.

To download the beta, and read more about beta testing, please visit the
beta page at:
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta

--
--Josh Berkus