Registrations are open for OSDC 2006

From: jarich(at)perltraining(dot)com(dot)au
To: sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Registrations are open for OSDC 2006
Date: 2006-09-28 07:25:24
Lists: sydpug
Registrations are open for the Open Source Developers' Conference 2006:
http://www.osdc.com.au/registration/index.html Book before 31st October to
save $50 and get a free conference t-shirt!

The Open Source Developers' Conference is an Australian conference covering
talks about software development for open source languages and projects;
regardless of operating system. The technical program is running from 6th -
8th December 2006 and will be held in Melbourne, Victoria (at Monash
University's Caulfield Campus). We are planning to have 3 streams of talks
over the three days with combined keynotes at the start and end of each
day. Morning and afternoon teas, and lunch will be provided. A conference
dinner will be held on the night of the 6th.

Talks this year include:

    - "Mono - Migrating from Windows to Linux" by Dr. Trent Mifsud,
      Lecturer for the Faculty of Information Technology, Monash University

    - "Data Warehousing HOWTO" by Evan Leybourn, Director of Looking Glass
      Solutions

    - "J2EE and Open Source Innovation: The Relationship between Open
      Source and Standards" by Keith Pitty, Senior Consultant at Cirrus
      Technologies Pty Ltd

    - "Enterprise PHP" by Thorsten Rinne, Software Developer at Mayflower
      GmbH / ThinkPHP

    - "Obfuscation, Golfing and Secret Operators in Perl" by Jos Castro,
      Team Leader at log

    - "A Rails/Django Comparison" by Alan Green, Cirrus Technologies and
      Ben Askins, Sterland Computing

For a full list please visit:
http://osdc2006.cgpublisher.com/session_descriptions.html

Conference keynote presentors include Damian Conway, Randal L. Schwartz,
Richard Farnsworth and others. On the 5th of December we are running a
number of short tutorials. These cover Cascading Style Sheets, Open Source
Python GIS Hacks, Testing Web Applications with Perl, a Drupal Tutorial, an
Introduction to Perl Template Toolkit and Building Large Scale Web Apps.
For more information please visit:
http://www.osdc.com.au/papers/tutorials.html

We look forward to sharing this great conference with you.

	Jacinta Richardson
	OSDC Publicity Officer

sydpug by date