Re: Backup & Restore

From: "A(dot) Kretschmer" <andreas(dot)kretschmer(at)schollglas(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backup & Restore
Date: 2006-09-27 12:57:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

am Wed, dem 27.09.2006, um 9:13:54 -0300 mailte Felipe Giotto folgendes:
> Hi!
>
> I know this is a extremely novice question :D, but I'm trying to use a
> simple command to backup an entire database to a file, and then restore
> the entire database from the file, overwriting all the previously data
> stored on the old database. I tried pg_dump and pg_restore (i can't

Perhaps you should use pg_dumpall for all databases, not only a specific
database.

> remember the parameters right now), but pg_restore always returns an
> error about primary key violations. Can anybody tell me two commands to

Which version? Prior versions of pg_dump may include errors.

> backup and restore my databases without these key violation problems?

Can you give us more information about:
- version
- parameters
- exact error message?

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
Kontakt: Heynitz: 035242/47215, D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)