Undefined Symbol error trying to connect with OpenOffice

From: "rjoy rjoy" <rjoy(at)randijoy(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Undefined Symbol error trying to connect with OpenOffice
Date: 2006-09-14 15:05:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello,
I am new to the list and very new to ODBC with PostgreSQL. I am trying to access my Postgres database using OpenOffice through ODBC. When I try to view the tables tab in the Data Source Administrator in OpenOffice, I am unable to connect and view the tables because of the error Undefined Symbol: SQLGetPrivateProfileString, unable to open library. I get the same undefined symbol error when I run dltest on the library from the command line. I did a search on the Internet and only found a message and a bug report that both said to use a 08.00.0004 tarball, but the message was a year old and I am using 08.01.0200.

Pertinent info:
pgsql odbc 08.01.0200
library is psqlodbcw.so (from postgres dist, not from unixodbc)
unix odbc 2.2.4
postgres version 7.4.7
OS is Linux (Debian)
ISQL connects successfully and views tables (so i assume config files are ok)

ldd shows no library dependency on libodbcinst.so (where another archived message said SQLGetPrivateProfileString is implemented) and

nm: /home/randi/pgsql/lib/libodbcinst.so: no symbols
nm  /home/randi/pgsql/lib/psqlodbcw.so | grep SQLGetPrivateProfileString
         U SQLGetPrivateProfileString

Thank you so much for any suggestions.
Randi

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: AndrusDate: 2006-09-14 15:09:23