Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Subject: Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Date: 2006-09-03 06:58:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Why aren't more people involved? Is this such a thankless task? I
> am starting to think so.

I can tell you exactly what my problem is. The tools are terrible. In
projects with a useful issue tracking system I can take small chunks
out of my day to contribute to specific items that I feel interested in
or competent about. With PostgreSQL, you need to read all the mailing
lists all the time to even know where things are, let alone do anything
about them. Moreover, it doesn't help that you need to have a
high-speed internet connection or a superfast disk to do any effective
work with the version control system.

--
Peter Eisentraut