[ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000699 ] Problem creating TableAdapter with WHERE parameter

From: <noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
To: noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000699 ] Problem creating TableAdapter with WHERE parameter
Date: 2006-08-07 21:32:35
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Bugs item #1000699, was opened at 2006-08-04 23:51
You can respond by visiting:

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'm having problem when creating a TableAdapter (via TableAdapter Wizard), I build a query using Query Builder like this:

SELECT     id, name
FROM         "public".cc_projects
WHERE     (id = ?)

executing the query runs fine, asking me the value of '?' and returning the selected data. I continue the process leaving 'Fill' and 'return DataTable' marked, when the wizard start to generate the code, it throws this error:

The wizard detected the following problems when configuring the TableAdapter: "Fill":
Generated SELECT statement.
	ERROR [42601] ERROR: syntax error at or near ")";
	Error while executing the query

If I put a fixed value in the query, like 'id=1' it works fine.

Follow attached a zipped file with 2 log files that could help you, any other information that you need, just ask me.

Comment By: Hiroshi Inoue (hinoue)
Date: 2006-08-07 21:32

Could you try the dll at
Or please try to turn on the UseServerSidePrepare option.

Hiroshi Inoue

You can respond by visiting:

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Biswajit BardalaiDate: 2006-08-08 21:19:39