BUG #2501: JOIN and capitial letters in Table Row

From: "ALL" <thegreatall(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2501: JOIN and capitial letters in Table Row
Date: 2006-06-28 03:13:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2501
Logged by:          ALL
Email address:      thegreatall(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1
Operating system:   Windows
Details:

I had a table as like the following named products:

id	ClientID	ProductID	is_multiqty	is_active
1	12345	1000001	1	1
2	12345	1000002	0	1

and another table named productoptions with the following:

id	ProductID	Sku	Description	OptionID	minpayments	maxpayments	maxqty	is_acti
ve
1	1000001	somedesc1	1	1	1	0	1
1	1000002	CX7535	somedesc2	1	1	3	0	1

when I ran the following sql I got: ""ERROR:  column product.ProductID does
not exist":

SELECT *
FROM products
JOIN productoptions
ON products.ProductID = productoptions.ProductID

However, if i changed the name of the fields in the database to:

"productid"

It would work fine.

pgsql-bugs by date