CreateUser error

From: jonathan harvey <jonathanharv(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CreateUser error
Date: 2006-05-31 15:07:25
Lists: pgsql-general
I am trying to get PostgreSQL 8.1.4 up and running on fedora core 5.  Upon trying to add a user (I had to use the createuser command) I recieved this error:

[root(at)pc-00076 postgresql-8.1.4]# createuser postgres
Shall the new role be a superuser? (y/n) y
createuser: could not connect to database postgres: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

I have read some other posts about SElinux having something to do with this error.  However, I do not know what that is, or how to disable it.  Can someone please give me some help?? thanks

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Arnaud LesauvageDate: 2006-05-31 15:17:41