What is PostgreSQL 8.0 ??

From: boxi(at)webinfo(dot)fi
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What is PostgreSQL 8.0 ??
Date: 2006-05-23 22:19:24
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,
I have trued to find answer this, but because it is too simple question
I dont find any good answer for this simple question of mine.

What is this Postgre sql 8.0 progmram ? what is it do ?

It may hard to believe but somehow I installed this program (and I
think it is
somekind of fast massive text database records handler ?? Am I right

There was a  spot in installation process were was I had to create
account
in  PostgreSQL Database Server ? and give it password too,
and somekind of database cluster wich were I create a second password.

Is this somekind of service outside of my own computer ??

Im little confused and Im not sure why I actually installed this
program,
the reason was that I needed someshort text database handler or
something.

But could you please tell me what is this program after all ? and
do I have to use it from some outside server ??

Thanks for your help.

- Teemu
--
Ota käyttöösi ilmainen sähköposti ja levytila - www.webinfo.fi

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: sam karushDate: 2006-05-24 01:13:20