Re: Lightspeed for frmQuery and other issues.

From: "Edward Di Geronimo Jr(dot)" <edigeronimo(at)xtracards(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lightspeed for frmQuery and other issues.
Date: 2006-04-30 15:20:38
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Quoting Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>:

> Pasteing? I dunno. Anyway in MS Query Analyser you can paste entire
> rows, or sets of new rows into a table. I had been planning on
> looking at something similar, but with an additional option (offered
>  at paste time, when necessary) to skip OID/serial columns.

Enterprise Manager handles the issue by skipping over any identity
(serial) columns when pasting rows. That's how I figured it should be
done. OID's would of course be treated the same way.

I was also planning on looking into it when I had a chance to get back
to pgAdmin. If you want, I should be able to look into it midweek or
so. Let me know if you want to do it or if I should.

Ed