Re: [HACKERS] Enhanced containment selectivity function

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Enhanced containment selectivity function
Date: 2006-04-26 22:48:45
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I'm willing to work on this, but it doesn't look like you reverted the
> >> prior patch yet?
>
> > Uh, I just moved the selectivity function over to /contrib/ltree, and
> > moved what I needed, so it now works.  You can continue with the plan
> > above, or I can.
>
> I'll see what I can do with it.  I've got an evening of watching my
> laptop reinstall anyway (just replaced a failing hard drive :-()

Interesting. I took one of my laptops into service today and will get it
back tomorrow with a new empty harddrive.  One big thing I have found to
help is to document all laptop changes in a backed-up server file, so
when I get a new laptop, I can just go through the list and make the
changes in 1/2 hour.  I also keep installed program tarballs on the
server so those can be installed with the same versions as the other
laptops.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us