Oracle Analytic Functions for PostreSQL

From: Jean-Christophe Roux <jcxxr(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Oracle Analytic Functions for PostreSQL
Date: 2006-04-21 20:57:57
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,
I have found Oracle analytic functions very useful. They are so  convenient
to calculate running totals, moving averages, ranks, order data  in
buckets... and so on. I have found in the archives a few threads that  deal
with the replication of some of those functions on PostgreSQL but I  don't
think I have the skills to write by myself such a package (I mean  algorithms
can get pretty complicated). It seems that PostgreSQL does not  offer the
equivalent (maybe because they do not belong to standard SQL?).   If I am
wrong thanks for letting me know where in the docs I can find  details.
Otherwise, are you aware of an open-source project (maybe a  corporation)
offering a set of equivalent functions ?
Many thanks
JCR

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Richard Broersma JrDate: 2006-04-21 21:13:36