Re: Odbcapi30.c - 64 bit compiler warning cleanup

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Odbcapi30.c - 64 bit compiler warning cleanup
Date: 2006-01-26 18:37:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> > > No nor I. Any chance of a little help with this one please Tom?
> >
> > I assume that you can't alter the signature of PGAPI_SetConnectOption,
> > ie, vParam really has to be SQLUINTEGER and not some other type?
>
> The spec actually says it should be a SQLPOINTER. Changing to that
> unleashes a whole barrel of extra fun unfortunately.

I don't think it will be so problematic. I'll try it. It's the best way
to support Win64.

Very good point Tom.

> > and Microsoft is never going to figure out how
> > to 64-bit-ify that pile of junk they call an OS, so no need to bend
> > our brains wondering how this would work on 64-bit Windows.
>
> There have been 64bit versions of Windows for Itanium for ages, and
> 2003/XP have also been readily available now for a few months. That
> said, psqlODBC definitely doesn't support 64 bit builds on Windows yet.

I have no access to 64-bit windows. I have no 64-bit compiler for win :-(
We have to hope that someone will donate for 64-bit Windows version or
someone with access to 64-bit win with compiler will join us.

Regards,

Luf