Re: vacuum and routine maintenance docs

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: vacuum and routine maintenance docs
Date: 2006-01-19 01:31:34
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 08:19:16PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com> writes:
> > I'm wondering if people feel this is an issue with the docs in general
> > and isn't limited to just the admin stuff?
>
> Probably, but the admin stuff seems to suffer worst.  In any case, Scott
> volunteered to look at redoing that part, and I'm not going to repay the
> offer by asking him to redo the whole manual ;-)

Certainly true. :) But if we're going to start at an outline level I
think it would be enlightening to do a short (as in only 2 levels deep)
re-outline of all the docs and see how it compares to what we have. It
would at least indicate things that should be wholesale moved out of the
admin section...

Plus hopefully we could get others to help. :) I'd certainly lend a
hand.

Is there an easy way to get a 2-level outline out of the sgml?