Re: Meeting on the 10th? Topic?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Meeting on the 10th? Topic?
Date: 2006-01-03 20:01:35
Lists: sfpug
David,

> I have a couple of topics ready to go, but I've been talking a lot
> lately.  If nobody has a 45- or more-minute thing they want to do this
> month, what say about one or more of the following:
>
> * A round-table with a starting topic or two

Well, that would work for PostgreSQL 8.1 performance.  However, I don't
have enough time to prepare for it.  :-(

> * Lightning talks (I like the one-minute variety, but that's not set in
> stone)

Based on experience with sfperl, a call for lightning talks needs to go out
at least 40 days in advance.  Maybe we could think about this for
Feb/March?

> * Grab a venue, some food & drinks, and shoot the breeze
> * The perennial and fascinating Stuff Dave Didn't Think Of (please join
> in).

As it turns out, Sean and I are doing an OTRS install + customization.
Would people be interesting in hearing about OTRS and its schema?
(www.otrs.com).

Alternately, we have the oft-delayed offer from Jon to do a talk on
PostGIS.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus