Re: Fwd: Re: [ADMIN] migrating oracle table to PostgresQL

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [ADMIN] migrating oracle table to PostgresQL
Date: 2005-12-30 05:42:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thursday 29 December 2005 21:35, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Robert Treat wrote:
> > I believe this is one of the projects that we have slated for removal,
> > since it lives nicely elsewhere. Is it worth me writing up a patch to
> > remove the files and update the README to provide pointers to the project
> > site and maybe a few other places like the oraclecompat project (and
> > maybe even enterprisedb) or does someone with commit want to just go
> > ahead and do it?
>
> We have been waiting for someone to do it for _too_ long. Please feel
> free to submit something. I recommend you get the list of changes from
> the archinves that we agreed to for /contrib and use that as a guide.
>
> I know people have said they would complete these items, but they have
> had sufficient time, and it is time to bring in other people for the job.

Turns out I can't really make a patch that removes files without write access
to CVS. There's some funky things you can do with diff -N and patch -E but
seems like a pain. Attached is a patch that at least updates the general
contrib README and Makefile, someone else will have to actually delete the
files in the oracle/ directory. (If yall want to give me write access, I
could spend some time cleaning up some more of these) Oh, and no special
write up for the README, looking at some of the other contribs that did get
removed, apparently we don't do that, but the commit should probably at least
mention the project page, http://freshmeat.net/projects/ora2pg/

--
Robert Treat

Attachment Content-Type Size