Re: horology regression test failure

From: Martin Pitt <martin(at)piware(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: horology regression test failure
Date: 2005-12-20 17:27:55
Lists: pgsql-bugspgsql-hackers
Hi again!

Martin Pitt [2005-09-29 23:08 +0200]:
> Hi!
>
> On almost all Debian platforms the horology test for 8.0.3 fails.
> Sometimes it works on a platform, sometimes not, I did not yet find a
> pattern, but most often it fails with something like
> [...]

I now think I know what is wrong here.

This test has usually succeeded on my own computer, but it always
fails on the Debian buildds (which build packages in a minimal
chroot). As soon as I move away /usr/share/postgresql/8.1/timezone
when building 8.1, the horology test fails. I. e. as long as the
package that I currently build is already installed, then it works,
but it fails if the package is not yet installed.

The log entry seems to confirm this. I always get

LOG:  could not open directory "/usr/share/postgresql/8.0/timezone": No such file or directory

when running the 8.0 test suite on the debian buildds during package
build.

So it seems that the test suite uses the timezone files from the
installed system instead of the files in the temporary installation in
the regression test directory. Is there an easy way to fix that?

Thanks!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?