Re: BUG #2105: ERROR: relation "comoma" does not exist

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: alejandro ramirez <alex19652000(at)prodigy(dot)net(dot)mx>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2105: ERROR: relation "comoma" does not exist
Date: 2005-12-10 18:39:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 18:09:52 +0000,
alejandro ramirez <alex19652000(at)prodigy(dot)net(dot)mx> wrote:

> Bug reference: 2105
> Logged by: alejandro ramirez
> Email address: alex19652000(at)prodigy(dot)net(dot)mx
> PostgreSQL version: PostgreSQL 8.1.
> Operating system: windows 2000 profesional
> Details:
>
> Hi there!
> i a new user of PostgreSQL, i develop on severals languajes like as
> J2SDK/J2EE/SERVLETS/VB/FOXPRO...etc
> and i use a several RDBM. I try to use PostgreSQL to implement into 2
> aplication's (one on the internet and the other in aq model two fase's like
> a client-server), but i meet a problem.... when i use a table for a simple
> "SELECT" or "DELET FROM myTable" the result for this is: "ERROR: relation
> "comoma" does not exist" (comoma it's a table) but this table exists on my
> database named "AMS"
>
> i looking for a this error on the net, but i don't found any answer...

Did you try to get a list of tables in psql using the \d command?

> please, do you know what happened with this!

Most likely you created the table's name with an uppercase character and now
need to quote (") the table name whenever you use it.

The normal rule is to either never (preferred) quote table names or always
quote table names. Doing it sometimes is a recipie from headaches.

> for you help, than's a lote!

You shouldn't have reported this as a bug as your first step. This probably
should have been posted to the novice or general lists.