Re: pidfile location missing after restarting crashed server in 8.1

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pidfile location missing after restarting crashed server in 8.1
Date: 2005-10-26 19:41:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 14:59, Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net> writes:
> > the difference being that in 8.0 we printed the full path of the pid
> > file, in 8.1 we do not. there could be a good reason for this,
>
> Yeah: it's now being accessed by a relative path (relative to $PGDATA,
> which we have already chdir'd into at this point).

I thought about this, but it didn't seem to me this would actually prevent us
from explicitly stating the full path to the pid file, just make an extra
hoop we would have to go to. ISTM the helpfulness of the information and the
fact that we are in a fatal startup mode would make it worth it.

--
Robert Treat