Re: gcc 4.0 build failures on m68k, mips, and mipsel

From: Martin Pitt <martin(at)piware(dot)de>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: gcc 4.0 build failures on m68k, mips, and mipsel
Date: 2005-08-25 07:43:12
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi!

Tom Lane [2005-08-20 15:10 -0400]:
> Martin Pitt <martin(at)piware(dot)de> writes:
> > However, Thiemo Seufer dealt with this and created a proper tas()
> > function for PostgreSQL on mips, which also works with gcc 4. Of
> > course this is much better, so I applied his patch in Debian.
> > I attach the patch. Do you consider applying it upstream?
>
> Hm, does this patch actually compile as-is? I'd think you'd need to
> have the MIPS definition of slock_t placed earlier than the assembly
> code fragment.

Sorry, I got the patch against 7.4 and I couldn't check it against 8.0
I fixed it for 8.0, and the new packages have finally built
successfully on mips:

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=postgresql-7.4&ver=1%3A7.4.8-17&arch=mips&stamp=1124942993&file=log&as=raw
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=postgresql-8.0&ver=8.0.3-14&arch=mips&stamp=1124946041&file=log&as=raw

I attach the updated patch against 8.0.