Schedule, supplies for Linux World Expo

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Schedule, supplies for Linux World Expo
Date: 2005-07-29 22:26:03
Lists: sfpug
Folks,

Since David isn't going to be able to work the show, it's back in my court --
or Githogori's, but I'll send out this e-mail to get the ball rolling.

We need volunteers to work at Linux World Expo in Moscone Center.  If you've
not been there in previous years, it's a terrific opportunity to meet middle
managers and the like and introduce them to PostgreSQL.  Last year, we talked
to at least 900 people about Postgres ... many of whom had not previously
heard of any open source database but MySQL.

We'll have one corner of the EnterpriseDB pavillion, which will give us a more
central position than we've had in the past.  Since they're handling the
booth, there will be not load-in or load-out, but we will need to bring a
computer which we can run a demo on.   They will also be supplying CDs for us
to distribute, based on Robert Bernier's PGLive CD with eDB on them as well.
We need to supply PostgreSQL flyers.

There are 6 shifts we need people for:
Tuesday Morning
Tuesday Afternoon
Wednesday Morning
Wednesday Afternoon
Thursday Morning
Thursday Afternoon

Please respond to this e-mail with the shifts when you'd be willing to be a
booth-bunny.  If not to the list, then e-mail me and Githogori.   Volunteers
will get a free enamel Postgresql pin (bought by me).

We need to have people's full names by next Wednesday so that eDB can get
exhibit floor passes for you.

I will also have one full show pass given to me as a speaker, which I won't be
using.  So if there's something you wanted to attend in the conference, let
me know.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions