Re: Official ODBC announcement

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Official ODBC announcement
Date: 2005-07-13 13:01:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Greetings Joshua,

* Joshua D. Drake (jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com) wrote:
> I just wanted to jump in here and follow up on our very quiet (pretty
> much non existent) announcement about us rewriting ODBC. Below you will
> find the (very high level) overview of our initial plans:
>
> Written from scratch using C against libpq.

  I was wondering (as I imagine a number of others probably are), how's
  this coming?  My recollection is that there was some hope that
  something would be available around the August timeframe (please
  correct me if I'm wrong).  Did you end up deciding to use libpq
  (which, personally, I feel would be the best approach)?  Is it to Beta
  stages yet?

  Many thanks for your work on this..  It'd be really great to have a
  solid and maintained ODBC driver though personally I hope you decide
  to release it under BSD someday, not because I'm a big fan of BSD or
  don't like GPL but because the PostgreSQL 'core' could also get the
  benefits of the new driver.

  	Thanks again,

		Stephen