Re: PGDN and Bricolage.

From: Kenneth Marshall <ktm(at)it(dot)is(dot)rice(dot)edu>
To: Gevik babakhani <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGDN and Bricolage.
Date: 2005-06-21 21:30:35
Lists: pgsql-www

Gevik,

I have just joined this mailing list but I have been following the
development of Bricolage for a while. While Bricolage does have many
many nice features that may be employed, a simple stripped down setup
is extremely easy to provision and work with. Many local sites are
developed using these "simpler CMS systems" and they work very well
for small, constant communities of contributors. They do not scale
well in general. They do not have the type of fine-grained access
control in the account and workflow processes. The reduced view that
normal (non-web developers) see makes generating standardized and
compartmentalized content extremely easy. Yes, you can have the kitchen
sink if you wish, but most users will be very happy with the pruned
down view presented to normal contributors. The ability to provide
a restricted set of choices can actually aid in the content production
process.

Ken Marshall