Re: ODBC Error in logs

From: "Del Stoliker" <dstoliker(at)alphagraphics(dot)com>
To: "'Alberto Velo'" <alberto(dot)velo(at)softpeople(dot)ihnet(dot)it>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC Error in logs
Date: 2005-06-09 15:32:34
Lists: pgsql-odbc
> Del,
> this is the same error I have - see my previous post - with my ASPnet app.
> thought it could be a dotnet framework bug (odbc classes), but you're not
> using .net are you?
> Al.

Hi Al,

Actually, yes, the Altiris tools make extensive use ASPNET.  I googled
around a bit and noticed that there are people using the mysql odbc drivers
with .net apps having similar problems.  So... maybe it is a .net bug -
which I have to admit I'm bummed about.  I think the chances of getting this
fixed if it was a problem with the odbc driver are much better than getting
MS to fix something so it works with open source odbc drivers. :(

If you have any other insights on how to get this working I'd sure
appreciate it.  I've had to pull this piece out of production since it keeps
crashing our server.