security via views

From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt(at)metux(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: security via views
Date: 2005-04-27 15:52:02
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi folks,

we've got a larger project with several subsystems, which should
run in their own security context / users.

Most of the database access works over views and functions.
For functions its possible to run them with separate privileges
than the calling user. But is this also possible with views ?
I've noticed that for views also GRANT is necessary (AFAIK a
view is nothing else than a table with appropriate RULEs).
Does it work to grant some user access to his own view, but
not to the tables where the view works on ?

thx
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact(at)metux(dot)de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: pgsql-adminDate: 2005-04-27 15:53:07