Re: BUG #1517: SQL interval syntax is accepted by the parser,

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Roy Badami <roy(at)gnomon(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1517: SQL interval syntax is accepted by the parser,
Date: 2005-03-20 14:24:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Roy Badami wrote:
> Bruce> select interval day to second '1 day 1 hour'
>
> Bruce> However, we don't support that syntax, only the one with
> Bruce> the specification after.
>
> Is that valid ANSI SQL?

No idea. It just seemed like the data type specification and the data
value specification has to be split apart somehow. Right now we use the
clause after the string as the date type specification, and I see you
saying that the data value specification has to after the string. Is
that correct?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us