Re: developer website integration

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: developer website integration
Date: 2005-03-20 05:08:57
Lists: pgsql-www

On Monday 14 March 2005 03:57, Dave Page wrote:
> > Hey all, been looking over what we need to do to finish
> > integrating the
> > developer website into the main website, here is a list of
> > the unresolved
> > items.
<snip>
> > The TODO list is also still pointing to the developer.*
> > page... can we get
> > that generating on the main site someplace?
>
> Yes - Magnus has recently committed code that properly integrates the
> FAQs - perhaps that can be modified of used as a model to deal with the
> todo.

Magnus, can I get a yeah or nay on whether you can make this happen ?

> > The "flowchart of the postgresql backend files", database
> > internals pdf, and
> > "postgresql implmentation files" will all need to be moved
> > over to the main
> > site... anyone have a preference for thier location other than under
> > template/en/developer/ ?
>
> Only properly formatted HTML files can go there. PDF's etc. should be
> put under /files/, which is specifically for that sort of thing.

OK, I plan to put them under /files/developer/ unless someone objects.

> > Also IIRC the plan was to begin the move by replacing pages
> > on the old
> > developer page with links/redirects to the main website... is
> > that correct?
>
> I would update the links to point to an RIP page pointing to the main
> site. If you use an auto-redirect to the new location, users will not
> update their bookmarks.

Oh... I meant to ask... does anyone want to import the developer content into
cvs somewhere for backup purposes? Otherwise I am just going to start making
changes to it.

--
Robert Treat