Re: Postgres server getting slow!!

From: "N S" <bunix(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres server getting slow!!
Date: 2005-01-30 03:19:34
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thanks tom. I checked the client side software. The software closes connection when connected locally. But when connected through dialup,
this problem comes. I will check the ppp connection also.
Is there any method of killing old pids. And also any performance tuning to be done on postgresql.conf file.

The database now contains 20K records. Will that cause  a problem?

Regds

Narayanan

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 Tom Lane wrote :
>"Narayanan Subramaniam Iyer" <bunix(at)rediffmail(dot)com> writes:
> > 1) When 3 or 4 clients connect to this server, the pids are created and
> > those pids are not killed even after the client disconnects.
>
>In that case your clients are not really disconnecting.  Take a closer
>look at your client-side software.
>
> 			regards, tom lane

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: PFCDate: 2005-01-30 11:10:55