Dump from cygwin directly to windows

From: "Mike G(dot)" <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dump from cygwin directly to windows
Date: 2004-12-17 22:56:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello,

In testing RC1 today I attempted to use pg_dump -h cygwin_box mydb | psql -h RC1_box mydb

It started off ok but at somepoint while transferring data over in a table it went astray.  I started getting rows and rows of syntax errors most of them saying "invalid command \N".

All of the functions, views, and table definitions transferred successfully but none of the data in the tables did.

I swear I did this in an earlier beta version and it worked.

I don't see any option in pg_dump to specify options for the Copy commands issued.

Using the pg_dump as insert statements option seems to be working fine.

Not sure if this would be considered a bug or new feature.

Mike

Next:From: Sean ChittendenDate: 2004-12-18 01:01:49