Re: PostgreSQL History Document

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org,Robert Bernier <robertb(at)sraapowergres(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL History Document
Date: 2004-12-04 05:04:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
elein wrote:
>    PgSQL,INC
>    In 2000, Postgres, Inc. was formed with Marc Fournier as
>    President/Director as a corporate front to PostgreSQL and to
>    offer the corporate world commercial support for the product.
>    The relationship between PostgreSQL and PgSQL, Inc has always
>    been symbiotic.  Core developers were and are part of PgSQL, Inc.

I don't think PgSQL, Inc can be called a "corporate front to
PostgreSQL".  It is a PostgreSQL support company, and provides free
hosting services to the project.  I also wouldn't use the word
"symbiotic".  We could say Great Bridge was also "symbiotic" but it
conotates an equality between the two entities that isn't accurate.